What is SEO and why everyone is talking about it?
If you have any online presence or want to get one such as company website, specific blog topics, viral websites or news feed you should know SEO basics or at least what is the SEO and why so many people talk about it?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and explains the process of getting visibility, authority and recognition of all websites, web pages, blog posts by Web Search Engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo that takes of 92% of market share.
Why do you need SEO? SEO helps people to find businesses or any kind of information that they search online and list them by popularity. For the person who have a website or blog, SEO helps get organic traffic of potential customers, clients and visitors from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results. You can say that SEO is one of the marketing and advertising tools to reach your potential customers, clients and readers and get exposure, but it is the powerful one.
SEO VS SEM (PPC)
On the other hand, traffic coming from SEO is free and “organic” and can take a long time to get recognized, while the traffic generated from PPC (Pay Per Click) and SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is not free and companies pay for to appear on the top of the Search Engine to get quick not organic results. PPC ads are displayed above and below organic search results on related search topics. SEO is focused on organic search results — getting to the top of the list when a user searches for keywords related to your business. SEM revolves around choosing the right keywords to invest advertising dollars in when you want to appear in the paid search results on major search engines.
In order to get your web presence to appear in first pages of a SERP (search engine results page) in your choosing search category, you should consider working on optimizing your website continuously using on-page SEO and off-page SEO techniques.
On-page SEO shows how well optimize your website including different latest techniques such as:
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) are an open-source protocol that allows webmasters to create pages capable of quick loading on mobile devices.
- user experience optimization and responsiveness of a website with a mobile first approach,
- page loading time,
- updating your website regularly and cleaning from spam,
- using title tags relevant to your content and appropriate header tags,
- description and keyword targeting,
- great content of each page and blog posts,
- image alt tags, title text and descriptions,
- great and better design,
- link building and back link building etc.
Off-page SEO helps make your website popular on the internet and gain more authority and brand recognition, so you can get more visibility, better search ranking and traffic to your website. Some of the factors of-page SEO today
- bounce rate of a website or post blog,
- recognition from other authority websites,
- personal branding, identity,
- cross-channel marketing such as establishing your business using more than one social platforms,
- voice search,
- google business page,
- using social media as referral traffic to your website to boost your visibility,
- video and image sharing,
- quality sharing your content and etc.
According to the latest SEO trends and techniques of 2017, SEO moved their attention and priority to mobile friendly websites with quick loading time and trusting to large social media sharing platforms.
If you have any question or would like to get your SEO done right, contact WebElDesign and we would love to help your brand stand out on the web search.